Vision and Core Values
Our mission is to provide a safe place to take advantage of the teachable moments that happen day-to-day by fostering the intellectual, creative, social, emotional, and physical growth and development of our students.
OleMiss PreSchool will foster a caring, cooperative, and culturally diverse school environment that promotes trustworthiness in positive and respectful relationships. We encourage family participation and education to continue the success of the child into adulthood.
- We will provide an environment that allows children to learn by moving from concrete, hands-on experiences to more abstract concept development.
- We will give priority to developing a healthy balance of child-directed and teacher-guided activities.
- Children have the opportunity to work individually, in small groups, and in large groups.
- We offer innovative, creative, and efficient programs to foster an environment that leads to achieving greater success.
- We believe that a stable, safe, healthy, comfortable, and culturally relevant environment is crucial to a child's growth.
- A play-based approach provides a child-centered curriculum supported by teachers in which we encourage children to construct their own knowledge.
- We believe that our program reflects the needs and goals of children and families. We look forward to working closely with families, which will provide an integrated, comprehensive approach to learning.