The mission of The Indian Academy is to create a customizable educational experience for secondary students. Our inclusive environment will provide pathways for students to acquire knowledge and skills for post high school opportunities. We will strive to meet the social and emotional needs of our diverse student population by developing the values of responsibility and respect for self and others.
The Indian Academy
The Indian Academy was created to better meet the needs of Mississinewa’s secondary students who need an alternative educational path to obtain a high school diploma. Academy students are housed in a school within a school at Mississinewa High School located at 1 Indian Trail in Gas City, Indiana. This program will work with individual students and families to insure they receive an innovative teaching environment that will create an atmosphere where kindness and mutual respect is modeled for students.
- Increase the number of credits earned and reduce student absences.
- Improve the social and emotional health of all students’ transitions from surviving to thriving
- Create an academic environment that allows each student the opportunity to reach their passions and academic potential.
- Create career and college pathways that gives our students opportunity outside of the post high school experience.
- Develop a sense of service within The Indian Academy and community.
The administrators, teachers, and staff members included in this program are experienced educators who truly believe every student matters. They will encourage individual students’ abilities and passions. Staff and students will work together to create an atmosphere based on kindness and mutual respect.